Scope of activities to be undertaken in Dairy Farm Consultancy
We help you to design, decide, manage and execute your dairy project.
Our recommended route for offering our advisory services is as follows :
a. Attend our one day workshop on how to set up a dairy farm. If you like it then
b. Get a brief project profile for a dairy farm developed by us. If you like it then
c. Get the evaluation study done for your site by our experts . If you like it then
d. Get a detailed project report for bankable purpose developed by us. If you like it then
e. Sign an MOU with us for Turnkey project consultancy for your dream dairy farming project.
We help you to design, decide, manage and execute your dairy project.
The scope of our consultancy services includes following activities:
(1) Assessment of site suitability for dairy farming.
(2) Complete prefeasibility study of climate, water availability, soil, road connectivity, electric power & drainage: animal rearing pattern in the area, fodder crop pattern, existing infrastructure for veterinary aid, market consumption & milk prices prevalent in the area & to draft a feasibility report.
(3) To prepare a detailed project report for funding of the project from the bank.
(4) To provide guidelines on the type of cattle/milch animals suitable for the area and to help in judging, selection sourcing of animals by providing necessary training and support.
(5) Designing of dairy shed and utilities under Indian conditions & guide the client/contractor in creating the structure which aims at cost reduction, maintaining farm hygiene, facilitate animal movement, reduction of labor cost.
(6) Help the client in sourcing of equipments of milk handling, manure handling, feed & fodder handling.
(7) Design feed and fodder management program for the dairy farm, developing a schedule of green fodder cultivation, processing and feeding system. Guide the client in silage making, develop a feeding schedule for the farm, formulate economic ration that aims at balancing between feeding cost reduction and fulfilling animal nutritional requirements, developing nutritional chart for different age group of animals.
(8) Develop a breeding policy that aims at bringing herd improvement through tapping of genetic potential of high yielding animals. Exploring import of semen of high pedigree progeny tested bulls of HF & Jersey for farm/sale to other farms. Designing methods that aim at bringing reproductive efficiency and reducing infertility in animals.
(9) Developing young stock rearing program that aims to get replacement stock in least possible time.
(10) Developing a system for managing dry and pregnant animals to get maximum yield from them in subsequent lactation.
(11) Develop a system of animal comfort to increase animal productivity.
(12) Develop a system of animal Health care and preventive health measures.
(13) To conduct man power training program that aims at efficient dairy farm management.
(14) To develop a waste management system such as Bio Gas generation, compost making & vermin composting.
(15) To develop a system of clean and hygienic milk production.
(16) To develop farm quality assurance standards.
(17) To develop milk marketing plans.
(18) Networking a liasoning with government & financial institutions for funding, insurance & subsidy wherever applicable.
(19) Conducting productivity audit and suggest remedial measures for improvement.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) by the entrepreneur before setting up a dairy farm
1. How to prepare Loan Project report.
We prepare a bankable project report for commercial dairy farms of different size. Once you answer the questionnaire you can order for the same.
2. Basic requirement for dairy farm.
a) Love for animals
b) Basic training from authentic organization in Dairy Husbandry to understand the principles & techniques involved.
c) Agricultural land for green fodder cultivation.
d) Availability of plenty of normal water.
e) Proximity to Urban consumption centre.
3. Dairy Farm Registration details.
As such no license is required but for large farms it is better to get permission from local municipality (if applicable) and pollution control department.
4. Govt. schemes for dairy farm.
You have to approach your bank with a valid bankable project report .Each bank has its own rate of interest chargeable on loan. However you have to contribute a margin money upto 25% and collateral security/guarantee against the loan. Subsidy from NABARD upto 25% of the project cost is available for a small dairy farm only.
5. Buffalos/Cows seller in India.
We will provide you information once you are registered with us.
6. How find Milk purchaser or market demand.
Good quality milk is always in short supply everywhere in India. It is only a matter of commanding a good price for your quality product. We can conduct a survey of market as per your requirement.
7. Any training requires?
Yes training will be helpful in making your project successful. We provide training on all aspects of Commercial Dairy Farming i.e. techniques of judging and selecting suitable Milch Breeds for the Dairy Farm, Cattle Feeding Management, Calf Rearing , Heifer Management, Breeding Management, Health Care Practices, Feed & Fodder Management, Manure Handling, Clean & Hygienic Milk Production Management & Quality Control in Dairy Farms.
8. Area required per Buffalo/ cow and total area for other facilities.
Covered area per Buffalo is 80sqft/animal for cows 60sqft/animal. Utility area will depend on the size of the farm.
9. Cost estimate per each cow and recommended varieties.
Although the cost varies from region to region in India it may range between 40k-60k per animal. The price of animal will depend on the breed, age, stage of lactation, body score & yield of animal. Training is available on techniques of judging & selection of proper animals for a profitable farming.
10. Agro ecology requirement for the farm.
Dairy farming activity can be performed throughout India except in the extreme climate zones & difficult hill areas. Suitable breeds are recommended for different areas. Accordingly type of green fodder cultivation will depend on temperature rainfall & type of soil in your area.
11. Legal and health requirement to enter into the business.
Anyone who is physically fit & has an open mind to learn & can be at least mentally attached to the Dairy Farming can enter into this Business.
12. Labor requirement.
For a small farm of 10animals family labour will be sufficient & for larger farms labour will be definitely required. However number of labourers can be reduced through automation.
13. Shed Layout and construction cost estimate
Available on training/project report.
14. Quantity and quality of feed required per cow.
Available with project report.
15. Storage facility.
You will require of wheat straw & concentrate storage space. Size of storage space will depend on size of the farm.
16. Milk processing machinery & equipment specification required for farm size attached with its ex- work price cost.
You may require following equipments for your Dairy Farm although complete list will be supplied along with the detailed project report.
a) Milking Machines
b) Bulk milk cooler
c) Milk packaging machine
d) Milk cans
e) Grain grinder
f) Green fodder harvester
g) Green fodder cutter
17. Ten top milk processing plant suppliers list with their address.
We will make the list available to you once we know your Dairy Farm size. Indeed we are also a leading project suppliers for mini dairy plants from 500 LPD ( 50 cows) to 20000 lpd (2000 cows)
18. What special skill that dairy farm requires of me.
Open mind to learn, having normal health & ready to mentally & physically involved with the Dairy Farming Activity.
19. Transport facility requirement.
Will be required for the transportation of green fodder to the Dairy & will be required for the transportation of the milk to the market.